Ultra Vulkan Painting

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Power Weapons in Tactical Squads - Point Sink?


As I retool my list, I found away to get in a 5th troop choice into a 1500 points list (a squad of bolter scouts with heavy bolter). Now, this took some sacrifices, but I think it will be worth it. After getting in a few games of 40K again, Ive begun to question the value of power weapons on tactical squads. While I do combat squad my tactical marines in objectives games, and even in some kill point missions, I found im not utilizing the power weapons effectively to make it worth the points cost (a p.w. and p.f. for 40 points between the two tactical squads). The job of my tactical marines arent to assault the enemy, its to grab and hold objectives (and shoot from those objectives)... I have two assault squads (with power fist), assault terminators, a dreadnought, Shrike and the command squad to do that job. By Dropping both assault squads down to 5 man squads, dropping the power weapons from the tactical squads, and dropping a power weapon from the command squad, I got in the scout squad. This gives me 5 scoring units, which I think is going to be key in 2/3rds the missions I play. By having so many, Im forcing my opponent to choose their fire priority wisely. If they go after my scoring units, ill hammer them with my assault units. Go after my assault units, well then Ill win with my scoring units. I really think this will work out well, and ill report back with the outcomes. Otherwise, I plan on maxing out the assault squads as much as I can.

Also, the WINNER of the Horus Novel give away of Horus Rising is "Peter". Congrats Peter! Ill have to get your address info via email.

1 comments:

AbusePuppy November 15, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

I'd say dump them- Combat Tactics means you're never stuck in a fight you don't want to be in, and especially if you're any kind of shooty marines you'd rather free up a target to blaze away at it with your other squads.

Five troops in 1500 is a lot, though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Continue to Follow Vulkan Videocast

Check in Regularly for New Content and Frequent Updates!

Search Da Ork Archives

Label

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP