Ultra Vulkan Painting

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Using GIMP to make 40k art (freeware!)








So, some of you may know of GIMP - the GNU "photoshop" program and just how awesome it is (search for it on google and download it now). As someone who used photoshop some in the past, I missed not having a copy of it anymore. I certainly wasnt willing to dish out a few hundred dollars either to get it. So, in comes GIMP and after downloading it, I attempted to make some "40K" art for fun. See the results... You may notice the picture above is the same one in my photodex on the site.

And one for the blood angels (though I think the ork one turned out cooler)

2 comments:

Joe Kopena January 7, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

They both look pretty good, though I like the Blood Angel one more. What filters did you apply to the photos to get these? Or am I misunderstanding completely and you painted these over the photos?

If it's from filters, it has a very nice hand drawn quality. If they're painted, then they're very impressive & really cool.

Ultra Vulkan,  January 7, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

Thanks. Just filter work, I believe it was "artistic -> cartoon". I just took some pics and began playing with them. Takes about 10 min or so once you get down the best settings.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Continue to Follow Vulkan Videocast

Check in Regularly for New Content and Frequent Updates!

Search Da Ork Archives

Label

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP