So, without actually playing a game with the raven guard yet, im constantly trying to tweak my army list and maximize its potential based on my playing style... As I have more followers now, I decided to repost my list and see what feedback you have. After each of the units below, I list what my intent is with the unit.
- Captain Shrike - Infiltrate with TH/SS Terminators, Assault round 1 if soft target is avaliable OR I need to hold down a shooty unit (wraith guard, emperors children, fire warriors), otherwise stay with terminators.
- Command Squad - 2x Combi Melta, Company Champion, Power Sword, Razorback - Rush forward and assault elite any units, assault units; otherwise use meltagun on tank (dont shoot transport, only to get assaulted next turn).
- TH/SS Terminators (led by shrike) - Act as the hammer, draw fire, assault any armor or transports (they have fleet from shrike and are already infiltrating).
- 2x 6x man Assault Squads, Power Fists in both - Run in tandem, If one squad assaults transport, other squad assaults units that were in the transport is needed. Otherwise, assault scoring units (possible 24" assault range with fleet). Contest enemy objectives.
- 2x 10x man Tactical Squads, Melta/Flamer & Rockets. 1 Power Fist, 1 Power Sword/Combi Melta & Melta Bomb - Combat squad on non kill point missions, concentrate missiles on transports and other 5 man squads on going after objectives.
- Dreadnought with MM, H. Flamer in Drop Pod - Drop in turn 1 and take out enemy transports or template dropping armor, otherwise flamer troop/scoring unit.
- Predator with Autocannon/H. Bolters - Provide cover for moving tactical squads, assault cannon on transports turn 1, lay down fire on hordes or troops, act as fire magnet.