Ultra Vulkan Painting

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Predator : Freehand





Meet the Ravens Claw - a Destructor pattern Predator.

So, it has been about a week since I have been able to make it online to post, but that doesnt mean I havent been busy. I was on vacation, and decided to take home some paint, brushes, and the predator "destructor" pattern tank (Autocanon and Heavy Bolters). For whatever reason, I never see this tank being used by anyone other than me. As a raven guard player, I naturally try to avoid any heavy tanks such as land raiders (I dont need them with shrike (infiltrate & fleet on my terminators) anyway). I just dont ever see anyone using the land raider get their points back from it, other than driving in to drop off the assault terminators. Dont get me wrong, they are awesome machines, but just not for me. As I was saying, the predator destructor is a very viable option for taking down just about any troop in the game (2x s7, 6x s5, 2x s4 shots for 95 points (by adding a storm bolter) with front armor 13). While this never poses the same threat as the vindicator, it also doesnt turn into an automatic fire magnet or 115 point terrain piece with a weapon destroyed result. Im thinking in large games over 1500 points, I may just run 2 or 3 Predators in this same pattern. I hope to finish up this tank within the week, then move onto the drop pod.

I wonder if this tank will be more prevalent with the release of the new Nids codex? I know I just needed some more ranged firepower to bring down some of those space wolves ill be seeing out there, given they have more attacks defending than I do on the assault... While its not the best option for taking out marines, 2 or 3 of them will provide ample fire power AND ill be ready for the bugs.

Another Pic:










What do you all think of the free hand wings and checker pattern? I have more work to do on it, but do like where im going...

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Continue to Follow Vulkan Videocast

Check in Regularly for New Content and Frequent Updates!

Search Da Ork Archives

Label

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP