Ultra Vulkan Painting

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Predator Destructor - Use Me!


The Predator Destructor Patten tank is one which I enjoy utilizing. Not only do I find it an excellent point costing gunship, but I think it looks awesome. With the mech assault armies so prevalent these days, this tank is perfect for taking out light armored transports such as Rhinos. Additionally, nothing takes down a hoard of Tyranids better than one of these tanks (95 points = 6x S5 AP4 shots, 2x S7 AP4 shots, and 2x S4AP4 shots) decked out with an autocannon, 2x heavy bolters and a storm bolter.

I find these tanks most effective when your able to run 2 or 3 of them, as thats enough fire power to typically pound a squad of terminators and take half the squad out, or really do some damage any Eldar squad unlucky enough to be foot slogging it. For 95 points, the spaces marines dont have any better option for throwing out such a volume of fire, with front armor 13 non the less...

The model was actually the first tank I ever purchased, so it will forever be a favorite of mine, but I havent let that cloud my judgment on how good I think this tank is and how often its under utilized... Most everyone one I face or talk to never runs Predator tanks, and for 95 points as armed above, I dont know why... Sure the Vindicator is a scary bullet magnet, but its always 1 weapon destroyed result away from being a 120 point storm bolter. With the Predator, taking out any specific weapon from it leaves it at 75% strength.

Again, next time your building your list, try dropping the Land Raider and grab 3 of these at 285 points (30 shots and ~13.5 wounds to anything with T4 and ~16 wound against anything T3). Say goodbye to those of so very annoying and scary winged warptime nurgle chaos demon princes...

Your Thoughts?

2 comments:

Dverning December 21, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

My Thoughts? Preach it!

The Predator Destructor is an excellent tank that I find all too often overlooked and underused. Almost every Marine list I make has several.

Ultra Vulkan,  December 22, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

Glad to hear someone else validate my thoughts. I never see Predators in SM builds, and I dont know why. I believe most people see the Land Raider and think its a must have...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Continue to Follow Vulkan Videocast

Check in Regularly for New Content and Frequent Updates!

Search Da Ork Archives

Label

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP