Ultra Vulkan Painting

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My BA list, and why Tactical Squads matter



So, after hearing more and more about how the BAs are playing out, Im glad my lists is as follows:








HQ
125 Librarian with JumpPack

Troops
180 10 man Tactical Squad w./ Lascannon,
Flamer
180 5 man Assault Squad in Razorback w./ TL Lascannon; w./ Power Weapon, Meltagun
180 5 man Assault Squad in Razorback w./ TL Lascannon; w./ Power Weapon, Meltagun
125 5 man Assault Squad w./ Jump Packs, Powerfist

Elite
65 Sang Priest w./ Power Weapon
65 Sang Priest w./ Power Weapon

Heavy
160 Dreadnought w./ Assault Cannon & Heavy Flamer in Drop Pod
135 Predator - Lascannons

Fast Attack
145 Predator - Baal Ass Cannon, Bolters
145 Predator - Baal Ass Cannon, Bolters

It actually comes in to 1505, so hopefully my opponent will go with the flow.

Now, as far as the tactical squad is concerned, everyone say it at the same time... WHY??? Well, for one, I like the additional lascannon in my list. That isnt the reason for taking that squad though. If you read anything about the BAs online, youll likely hear that can be a little fragile and are a finesse army. Well, given im not the most finesse player I needed a rock hard unit to sit back and hold that ever important objective. In 2/3rds of the games in likely to play, this squad will be holding an objective, and because of that I feel confident in my ability to use the rest of my army to forge ahead and strike the enemy.

Your thoughts? I for one dont think ill be dropping my tactical squad. As for the dreadnought, I love that unit but Im not yet sold on it.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Continue to Follow Vulkan Videocast

Check in Regularly for New Content and Frequent Updates!

Search Da Ork Archives

Label

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP